Two factors are essential to the success of your bathroom: function and style. While you need to have a bathroom that functions properly for your specific needs, you also need a bathroom that has a style that makes you happy. Learn more about why style and function are so important in your bathroom and how you can have them both below.
Proper Function Is Essential to Improving Our Lives
Your bathroom is an essential component of your home. You use your bathroom every day, and it can work with your life, or it can work against you if it lacks the proper function you need. A bathroom that has the function you need can actually make your life easier.
Essential functions of your bathroom:
- Shower, Bathtub, or Both –Do you prefer to shower, take a bath, or do you want to have the
option to do both? You should always take your preferences into account when thinking about the function of your bathroom. If you never take a bath, but you have a bathtub, that is wasted space that isn’t serving a purpose, space that you could use for something else.
- Sink – The bathroom sink is another factor to consider when determining if your bathroom has the functionality that you require. Many newer master bathrooms have a double sink because it allows two people to get ready at the same time. Is this something that could streamline your daily routine?
- Storage – Another crucial function factor is storage space. Often, older bathrooms don’t have as much storage space, which can be inconvenient for someone with a lot of beauty products. Examine your current storage situation and decide whether or not it is functioning effectively.
- Toilet – Another essential part of your bathroom is your toilet. Obviously, you need to have one, but reviewing the placement of your toilet can help your bathroom function better. For example, many people have a separate toilet compartment to offer privacy while still allowing others to use the main section of the bathroom. Is this something that would improve the function of your bathroom?
Every person has different requirements when it comes to how they want their bathroom to function. When looking at your current bathroom or planning for a new one, it is imperative that you ask yourself if everything works the way you need it to. If it doesn’t, rethink different factors to improve function. You deserve a bathroom that works for you, instead of fighting against you; don’t settle for less.
Our Environment Effects Our Happiness
You may not think style and beauty are essential parts of your bathroom, but your surroundings and environment actually play a significant role in your life. Your home environment can influence your mood, reduce or create stress, and even impact your behavior. All these reasons and more is why embracing style in your home and your bathroom, where you start every day, is essential. Don’t let a mundane space at the beginning of your day negatively influence your happiness.
How can you create a positive environment to be happier?
- Choose Colors That Make You Happy – Everyone has a favorite color or a color that makes them feel happy. Embrace that color and use it in your home. Paint the walls of your bathroom your favorite color so that stepping into the room brings you joy.
- Add Plants or Natural Elements – Studies show that nature helps reduce stress and boost mood. You can embrace nature in your home and bathroom environment by adding plants or other natural elements. If you have a green thumb, this could be the perfect way for you to add style and create a soothing environment for yourself.
- Reduce Clutter – Clutter can be stressful. When you see clutter, you may think of how you need to tidy up or how you need to be more organized. If your bathroom space is cluttered, it gets in the way of your preparations for the day. Adding organizers or more storage space is a great way to deal with the clutter in your bathroom.
- Embrace Your Personal Style – Think about yourself and what makes you happy. Whether it is a particular color, a piece of art, or a specific picture, add it to your space. Who says you can’t have art in your bathroom? Embrace what you enjoy, and add your own personal style to your bathroom space. When you surround yourself with the things you enjoy, you will be happier.
At Giant Glass & Mirror, we want to help you create the perfect bathroom oasis. We can help you with your upgrade by providing you with frameless shower doors, glass shower shields, and even mirrors for your bathroom. Reach out to us or, read this blog, to see how we can help you improve the style and function of your bathroom.
As you can see, we think style and function are vital to your bathroom working for you and your life. What are your thoughts? How can you improve the style and function of your bathroom? Tell us in the comments below, and be sure to come back next week when we will be discussing “4 Reasons Glass Bathtub Enclosures Are Better Than Shower Curtains.”